Monday, February 8, 2010

sixteen there's still time for you

The trees, like lungs, filling with air.
My sister - the mean one - pulling my hair. ...
- from Cecilia's diary in Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides.

I have two sisters, one older and one younger. And I'm the "the mean one."

This is Tabitha. My 16 year old sister. Doesn't she look a bit like Rosanna from http://www.littlemissdressup.blogspot.com/ ? I think she does.




Ysa and I took her shopping earlier that day. This is her, with her loot. The LBD makes her look older and more sophisticated. I think all 16 year olds need at least one outfit like that. But don't overdo it! Look at me, I'm 24 and I still dress like I'm 12. Especially since I'm back to wearing floral and babydoll dresses. The last time they were in fashion I was, in fact, 12!

I forgot to post a pic of the gorgeous pumps she bought that day. Oops. My only regret is that at size 5, it's too tiny that I can't ever borrow it. Unless I chop off my toes.  

2 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous, really want that dress! :)

    Love vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll tell her. Girls, particularly 16 year old girls, need to hear that! I wanted her dress for my self too. It's from a local brand, a classic, linen shift dress with a gathered side.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails