Monday, January 4, 2010

Tabula Rasa

Happy New Year everyone.

In an attemt to start the year right, I spent the first day of 2010 recovering my circa 2006 curls. I am very, very familiar with the momentary sense of panic that sets in right after the stylist takes out the curling rods to reveal tight, Shirley Temple curls. Usually the curls loosen up after the first shower and I'd be fine with it. This time I wasn't so fortunate. Three days later, I still gasp whenever I catch sight of my reflection. Maybe I should've waited until I got back to Manila and made an appointment in one of them Korean salons instead of insisting on getting a perm in Ilocos Norte's first franchise of this salon that will hereby remain unnamed.

So my hair's wild and crazy, but not in the way I hoped it would be. I'll live. It's just hair. It'll get better. I may not have great hair, yet, but I will be optimistic. Its the begining of the year, after all. A new day, a new dawn, a new life.


What really I wanted was Emmy Rossum's big, Botticelli-esque locks. Remember her? She was the next big thing way back in 2004 when, at the age of 18, she landed the role of the chanteuse Christine Dae in Phantom. I've been in love with her since. I don't know who drove her movie career to the ground. The last project she was in was Dragon Ball, which I watched for the sole purpose of seeing her. I still love you, Emmy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails